Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Merry Widow (1934)

Review of an awesome movie. It's also a plot type too. I will say that I enjoy the music immensly and while I feel like Jeanette MacDonald has a fine voice, she is definitely not my favorite. She is an acquired taste and frankly, it hurts my ears when she sings some of those notes. I do agree with his views on Chevalier. He actually describes him so perfectly that I said, "yeah, yeah that's the words I couldn't find to describe why I like him." It seemed real obvious but just sometimes someone else saying it sounds better. It won an Oscar.
Another player in this movie that did not do alot of movies...He is another one of the greatest understated characters that I so enjoy to see when I see him. Edward Everett Horton. You may have seen him in a Ginger Rogers Fred Astaire movie, Arsenic and Old Lace (with Cary Grant), and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment